I Love (Iwish there was a stronger word than that) Love Love reading comments on my blog. With the exception of the whole Jethro incident awhile back, comments brighten my day and make me think, in my own little reality, that someone else gets what I’m babbling about. So when I read the comments from my lovely new friend Noel over the weekend, I was filled with all sorts of warm and fuzzy feelings. Because she bestowed upon me a Stylish Blogger award. Here are the deets, from Noel’s comment:
I just got a note on my blog regarding the Stylish Blogger Award. It’s like a fun game of internet-tag-blogger-awesomeness, and I wanted to share it with you. (I will NOT be offended if you don’t follow all the steps below or don’t participate, it just made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, so I wanted to share it with you and let you know how much I enjoy your writing!)
Here are the details:
Recently I got a surprise… I got a stylish blogger award. I am passing it on to you because I love your blog and want to get it read by even more people. See my recent post for the list with your blog on it!
So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
There is a button that goes with the award. Click on mine and copy the properties into your own blog.
Again, just wanted to let you know that I think you rock!
So here we go. 7 things about myself:
1. I never, ever, ever wanted to be a mom. I was the oldest not only in my family but of all the cousins, so I spent huge chunks of time babysitting. I didn’t want any part of baby butts, bottles or pb&j’s. I wanted to escape to the big city (which I did), get a law degree (which I didn’t), live in a gorgeous high rise on Lake Michigan (another nada) and serve on the Supreme Court (I’ll wait for you to finish laughing before I move on).
2. Now I can’t imagine my life without my kids. Can’t fight nature, right? I’m a Cancer–typical nurturer. If I wasn’t mothering my own kids I’d probably find a needy man to nurture (yes, ok, I do that too) or volunteer or do something to let that all seep out. I adore my children, even when I want to strangle them. I am in awe of how they are growing, their unique personalities and their capacity for love. I want to grow up to be just like them.
3. I wonder if I will EVER look in the mirror and not see that geeky, unsure, awkward teenager staring back at me.
4. I collect books with the best intentions to read them, but eventually they turn into tangible, dusty reminders of what I haven’t yet accomplished. So many amazing stories, so much great advice. Kinda like Twitter….I could spend an entire day clicking through links and learning new things. I wish there was a job that paid me to just find delicious little tidbits of info to share with others. I’d totally rock that job.
5. I like to be busy, but I overload and then crap out. Same cycle for the past 40 years. Dont’ know if it’s my inability to say no or my spatial inability (you know, thinking that I have an infinite amount of time), but regardless of why it keeps happening.
6. I would like nothing more than a colorful, unique, eclectic cottage home smack dab in the middle of a city (within walking distance of a kick-ass Thai restaurant, a cozy little Indian place and a loud, vibrant Italian joint) that just happens to have an ocean view and a quiet, lush back yard. Complete with a gourmet kitchen that looks vintage and a wrap-around porch. I don’t want much in life……
7. I am fickle (can’t pick a favorite color or song to save my life) yet fiercely loyal to friends and outdated hair styles. Go figure.
Now, on to my 5 awards. They go to:
Curvy Yoga. Found her through Twitter and love what she says.
Mrs. Mediocrity. Lyrical, cozy and thought provoking. Love.
Ri O’Laughlin. Snark and music, two of my all time faves.
Mari. Found through a love of music, and she’s a cool kid on the net.
Kelly. Because even though she tweets more than she blogs these days she still rocks. Rocks hard, I tell you.
So there you go; my stylin’ entry. Go visit these gals and you’ll understand why my work day starts a bit late most days. They’re totally worth it.